The following 7 days
- Sun 21.10 closed
- Mon 22.10 closed
- Tue 23.10 closed
- Wed 24.10 closed
- Thu 25.10 3 pm - 4:45 pm
- Fri 26.10 closed
- Sat 27.10 9:45 am - 12:45 am
In April–October: open on Thursdays from 3 p.m. till 4:45 p.m. and on the last Saturday of every month from 9:45 a.m. till 12:45 a.m, except holidays.
In November–March: open on the last Thursday of every month from 3 p.m. till 4:45 p.m., except holidays.
Exceptional opening hours in 2018
- 10.5. closed
- 6.12. closed
What to consider when you bring waste
- Sort the waste thoroughly before you bring it to the sorting station. In this way you promote recycling and spend a much shorter time at the station. Waste that can be utilized is often cheaper or free of charge. Cover the waste load if needed.
- Check in with the personnel at the sorting station.
- Pay the chargeable wastes with cash, debit or credit card.
- Drive to the sorting area and put the wastes in the correct places according to the instructions you have been given.
What wastes are received at the sorting station?
The Houtskär sorting station receives small amounts of waste brought by a passanger car trailer and van. Bigger amounts of waste are received at the Topinoja waste treatment centre in Turku and the Korvenmäki waste treatment centre in Salo.
In the list below you can see which types of wastes are received at the Houtskär sorting station. Sorting instructions for separate wastes can be found in the Waste search.