The following 7 days
- Thu 22.10 3 pm - 4:45 pm
- Fri 23.10 closed
- Sat 24.10 9:45 am - 12:45 am
- Sun 25.10 closed
- Mon 26.10 closed
- Tue 27.10 closed
- Wed 28.10 closed
In April–October: open on Thursdays from 3 p.m. till 4:45 p.m. and on the last Saturday of every month from 9:45 a.m. till 12:45 a.m, except holidays.
In November–March: open on the last Thursday of every month from 3 p.m. till 4:45 p.m., except holidays.
NB! Due to the coronavirus situation we for now accept card payments only at the station. The use of face masks is also recommended.
What to consider when you bring waste
- Sort the waste thoroughly before you bring it to the sorting station. In this way you promote recycling and spend a much shorter time at the station. Waste that can be utilized is often cheaper or free of charge. Cover the waste load if needed.
- Check in with the personnel at the sorting station.
- Pay the chargeable wastes with cash, debit or credit card.
- Drive to the sorting area and put the wastes in the correct places according to the instructions you have been given.
What wastes are received at the sorting station?
The Houtskär sorting station receives small amounts of waste brought by a passanger car trailer and van. Bigger amounts of waste are received at the Topinoja waste treatment centre in Turku and the Korvenmäki waste treatment centre in Salo.
In the list below you can see which types of wastes are received at the Houtskär sorting station. Sorting instructions for separate wastes can be found in the Waste search.