The sorting station is open:
- in February-March on the last Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. till 12 p.m., except holidays and
- in April-August on Saturdays from 9 a.m. till 12 p.m., except holidays.
NB! Due to the coronavirus situation we for now accept card payments only at the station. The use of face masks is also recommended.
What to consider when you bring waste
- Inform the personnel at the sorting station in advance, that you are bringing a bigger amount of waste.
- Sort the waste thoroughly before you bring it to the sorting station. In this way you promote recycling and spend a much shorter time at the station. Waste that can be utilized is often cheaper or free of charge. Cover the waste load if needed.
- Check in with the personnel at the sorting station.
- Pay the chargeable wastes with cash, debit or credit card.
- Drive to the sorting area and put the wastes in the correct places according to the instructions you have been given.
What wastes are received at the sorting station?
The Mörttila sorting station receives small amounts of waste. Extinguishers, medicines, asbestos, bio waste, garden waste and twigs are not received. These and bigger amounts of waste are received at the Topinoja waste treatment centre in Turku and the Korvenmäki waste treatment centre in Salo.
In the list below you can see which types of wastes are received at the Yläne sorting station. Sorting instructions for separate wastes can be found in the Waste search.